03 July, 2005

Think Floyd

Yeah, thats all I've been doing since the past couple of days, think Floyd, that is. The LIVE8 concert was on, and the best band in the planet reunited. Watching them perform together after all these years was enough to give one the goosebumps. If only I could have been there to see them, in flesh and blood! Would have been worth going to London just to be there for 12 hours, see the concert and come back.

Meanwhile, in faraway Philadelphia, the camera scanned the crowd as I caught a glimpse of the Indian Flag. Made me think of Kapil. I wouldn't be too surprised it that was him waving the flag. Hope that atleast my friends if not me, were able to be a part of LIVE8. But in the same vein, I hope no one I know was in London seeing Pink Floyd perform. I would never be able to look at them in the eye again. Yes I am jealous, goddamnit.

4 comments:

rakshitdoshi said...

i don know if this will make u feel any better (there are more chances of it making u look down upon me in disgust than make u feel better, but what the heck)i missed the damn show altogether... sheesh.... saw rem and snoop doggie and i guess U2 also but acually was out and cudnt pay any attention to the show. damnit... Floyd, the baaps, coming together, the thought of it is hairraising man!

abeer said...

well, I plan to download it anyway. So i will give it out to you (at a nominal cost, ofcourse). Which is not to say that I won't look down upon you for having missed it in the first place.

Anonymous said...

so fucking close to being there man.. so fucking close.
alas.
i won't forgive myself.

p.s. i found you !

abeer said...

eh? whaddya mean you found me? I am for no one's finding.