16 July, 2005

olfactory overdose

I love the smell of a fresh new car, with leather seats and all,
love the smell of freshly photocopied pages,
love the smell of new books (thanks to a certain Saurav Palit for re-introducing me to this one, although he took it to an entirely new plane)
love the smell of acetone (recently finished sniffing an entire bottle of nail polish remover.. aaaaah! Folks were a bit worried at home, but dad settled the matter by saying "Its OK as long as he's not getting a new bottle". Oh, how I am fighting the urge!)
love the smell emenating from Pizzeria at Marine Drive. It's almost impossible not to pop in there for a bit when walking by with a loaded wallet.
love the smell of unlit cigarettes. (OK, I know I'm weird)
love the smell of firecrackers
love the smell of freshly baked cookies, mmmmm....
love the smell of a fresh coat of varnish
love the smell of a nice heady wine
love the smell of petrol
love the smell of fevicol
love the smell of... oh balderdash, I've turned into an addict!
And all this smelly business has made me extremely hungry. Off for a bite then mateys, keem smelling!

14 comments:

rakshitdoshi said...

frsh mud in the first shower... freshly shampooed hair... and most deffinately, Jhonny Walker black label... mwhahaha...

Bridget Jones said...

The fact that u seem to be addicted to stuff is not worrying me right now as much as.... the fact that you seem to be addicted to a LOT of stuff. :P
Though I must admit, fevicol and varnish have always seemed like "interesting" smells to me too...

abeer said...

aah! Some more traffic on the blog! This is a red letter day for me! There are actually people there in this world whom I haven't pestered to read my ramblings,and who out of their own free will do so. Kudos to you kriti..

Mr Doshi.. of course.. old man jhonny.. love the way he smells when you crack open his seal. Am I being to gross here?? MWhahahaha!

Anonymous said...

we share the love for petrol and ciggies.
am learning to differentiate between the diff ciggies now too :)

just realised the first sentence is more than a little suspicious.
and the second.. does not forbode good things..

and my weird one is the diya burning,

abeer said...

Satish I really wish i could comment on your blogs, but man! I just cannot understand what the hell is going on in there? There are far too many links on your web page for the average internet user like me. And, far too many blogs too.

Priyanka Nayar said...

Sizzling brownie...popcorn..freshly brewed coffee...can just go on and on... maybe we could all start a club! What say?

Anonymous said...

i'll accept that as 'i don't know what the hell is going on in any of your posts'..
and u may be referring to an older version of staying.cool, i'm at a new pla ce now..

just FYI :)

abeer said...

I know your new place.. www.blog.severeanomaly.com
Its just as bad ;) I'm as lost as I was before.

Anonymous said...

i pick fevicol,petrol and erasex!!!

Gypsynan said...

u been sniffing glue - honeychile!
Glue is a major addiction for street kids...I guess you know that! Does your dad?

When you are all fired up, try running, the endorphins releasing, the wind in your face and sweat on your skin, will give you a high like you won't believe. Alcohol is a downer and sooo not kewl ;)

Anonymous said...

is your addiction for unlit cigarettes a discriminatory addiction? as in do you prefer the smell of an unlit Marlboro Light to say.. a Wills Classic Mild? and if so, is there a brand of unlit cigarette that you prefer or one that you despise?

also.. totally unrelated i know, but a question i have been posing to many people this past week - how short should a story be for it to be a 'short story'?
and.. if death was a ball what kind of ball would it be?

-rq

abeer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
abeer said...

Didn't know ppl were still commenting on this one!

Gypsynan, my father knows nothing about me ;)
Raunaq.. Haven't figured it out as yet which my favourite (unlit) brands are, but I don't think there is one I dislike as such.
About the short story, I have no clue. 'bout the ball... hmmm... mothball??

abeer said...

But of course!!!