28 July, 2005

Nothing on the top but a bucket and a mop...

'Nothing on the top but a bucket and a mop'... thus went the lyric of a song by the dear departed Cobain, Kurt. Such poignant words in such a time. Also brings to mind another song by some bollywood director... 'rain is falling chama cham cham.. ladki ne aankh maari gir gaye hum'

As you may infer, I am bored. Have been sitting cooped up in my house since the past three days, due to the heavens opening up. OK, I am thankful for not being one of those who had to suffer huge losses, but I am still a tad peeved. There is only so much you can do with no television, and no computer. Power grid failure it seems, eh? Just made me realise how dependent we are on these two devices.

There is too much depression around, but as always, it is the spirit of the mumbaikar which lives on... Will end now with a positive song...
Sun is shining, the weather is sweet, yeah
Make you wanna move your dancing feet now
To the rescue, here I amWant you to know, y’all, can you understand?
When the mornin’ gather the rainbow, yeah, yeah
Want you to know, I’m a rainbow too now
To the rescue, here I am
Want you to know, y’all, can you, can you, can you understand?

2 comments:

Priyanka Nayar said...

Hmm..Sun shining..coulds parting...That's a welcome thought!

Anonymous said...

we saw someone grumbling abt not enuff hits!!

here we are to do our bit...

actually,commenting so u know we were here...else we've been silent spectators...
like u did'nt think i oculd do that???:D

:)